TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Logistics Technician / Non-exempt Position
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville, MD
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Global Laboratory Operations
Support the laboratory operations by providing a high level of detail to the shipping and receiving function. Maintain adequate levels of inventory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify materials against shipping documents, note and report discrepancies/damages.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive shipping log.
- Obtain and maintain relevant training and certification related to shipping (DOT, IATA, etc.)
- Verify materials against receiving documents, note and report discrepancies/damages, route materials to appropriate storage locations.
- Unpack, organize, and store materials appropriately.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive inventory of materials using electronic inventory management system.
- Rotate materials as necessary to maintain first in first out process.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of storage rooms.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of DOT, IATA, etc. shipping regulations.
- Dependable and flexible, with an understanding of the importance of the organization’s mission and urgency of some situations.
- Team player with an eagerness to help others.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to use technology to view/submit/receive orders/shipments electronically.
- Strong focus on process improvement and identifying ways to improve efficiency.
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Superior planning, organizational, computer, written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year relevant experience required. A combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, squat, bend, stoop, and kneel for short periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Occasional exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, and dirt.
- Occasional exposure to minor safety hazards related to the physical nature of the work.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Committed team environment
- Daily interaction with the world’s leading experts in cancer treatment