Business Services and Logistics Specialist
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Business Services and Logistics Specialist / Non-Exempt Position
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville, MD
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Business Services and Logistics
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Support in vivo oncology studies through shipment and inventory management
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ship samples to clients and partners per Project Management and Business Development requests
- Place purchases for laboratory and office supplies
- Participate in equipment repair and re-certification/re-calibration records and schedules
- Verify materials against receiving documents, note and report discrepancies/damages, and unpack, organize, and store materials appropriately
- Transport samples and waste between laboratory facilities
- Track acquisitions through receipt and reconciliation
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure the cost of materials and supplies are minimal
- Maintain an adequate inventory of laboratory and office supplies for current business needs, including use of electronic inventory management system
- Use computer based management and ordering systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability, integrity and confidentiality
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions
- Superior planning, organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assist with other duties in a dynamic environment
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and relevant regulations and laws
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in business, pharmacology, or related field, or minimum of 1 year of related experience
- DGR (Dangerous Goods Regulations) IATA certification obtained within 6 months of hire date
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility.
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Committed team environment
- Daily interaction with the world’s leading experts in cancer treatment
Send resume to [email protected].