Associate Director, Vivarium & Facility Operations
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Associate Director, Vivarium & Facility Operations – Exempt Position
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville, MD
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Global Laboratory Operations
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Provide strategic and daily leadership for all vivarium and facility operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- required. CMAR preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.