Scientist – Hematologic Oncology
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Scientist, Hematologic Oncology / Exempt
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville, MD
REPORTS TO: Director of Immuno-Oncology Research
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Aids in overseeing all scientific projects related to Hematology Research and Services of Champions Oncology. Manages all animal and biomarker studies and troubleshoots as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Formulate and implement effective strategies without immediate direction when:
- Managing scientific studies related to Hematology Research and Services of Champions Oncology.
- Designing in vitro and in vivo studies, collating and presenting results.
- Consulting on and/or managing of in vivo studies for collaborators and clients.
- Conducting additional R&D as needed.
- Provide regular updates to Director of Immuno-Oncology Research and other internal personnel.
- Communicate with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies as necessary.
- Assist with regulatory and sponsor audits of the facility and studies.
- Design studies, interpret and report results for Hematology R&D within established timelines.
- Serve as in-house expert in Hematology, especially acute myeloid leukemia and lymphoma.
- Maintain research collaborations through active engagement.
- Develop laboratory protocols and SOP.
- Train internal staff or external collaborators on scientific processes.
- Serve as study PI on IACUC protocols, maintain knowledge about animal health and in vivo study design.
- Maintain knowledge and subject matter expertise as relates to Hematological Oncology scientific advances as well as competitive intelligence.
- Present data, compose manuscripts & prepare posters/presentations at national/international meetings or symposia in support of business objectives.
- Establish and maintain cross-functional team interactions to achieve R&D objectives.
- Assist with other tasks/duties as needed in a small company environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- This position requires reasoning, scientific, mathematical, writing, and language skills at a post graduate level. Lucid conceptualization skills are also required.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the field of hematologic oncology.
- Ability to analyze tumor measurements, tables of results, maintain the Company’s sophisticated database; construct graphs and generate both detailed and executive summary reports.
- Must be able to effectively interact and communicate with laboratory management and other laboratory personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate scientific data to internal and external colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Possess creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Possess superior planning, organizational, computer, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to network and negotiate effectively.
- Ability to be flexible and assist with other tasks/duties as needed in a small company environment.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for own work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD, MD or MD/PhD degree in hematology, oncology or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of hematologic malignancies.
- Demonstrated experience in in vivo hematologic tumor models.
- Demonstrated experience working with preclinical models.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility.
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Committed team environment
- Daily interaction with the world’s leading experts in cancer treatment
Send resume to [email protected].