Patient Services Facilitator/Exempt
POSITION TITLE: Patient Services Facilitator/Exempt
LOCATION: Hackensack, NJ
REPORTS TO: Manager, Clinical Operations
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: The Patient Services Facilitator will coordinate the delivery of Champions’ Personalized Oncology Services (POS) services to existing customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the delivery of Champions services to existing customers.
- Ensure proper and complete medical documentation is received for each patient by communicating via phone and email with facilities and physicians to obtain the information.
- Organize logistics of and coordinate collection and delivery of patient tumor samples for implantation (Champions TumorGrafts) and coordinate processes for gene sequencing. Occasional limited weekend hours will be required.
- Provide support for and organize a group of physician experts to discuss, via a teleconference, a patient’s medical case (Expert Panel).
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management system and track the financial revenues and expenses associated with POS activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Superb verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- The ability to work on and close multiple assignments concurrently and in a timely manner is expected.
- Must possess excellent analytical, trouble-shooting, and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to work with a keen sense of urgency.
- Have a passionate desire for providing a high level of customer service.
- Be capable of quickly understanding and adapting to new and unstructured environments.
- Proficiency with medical terminology is preferred.
- Pays attention to details and adheres to processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in a health care concentration, biology or related field.
- At least one year working in an industry setting.
- Experience in either a hospital or community health care environment navigating through multiple layers of departments and support staff to get key contacts who can provide desired information.
- Experience with patient communication of a medical and sensitive nature
- Experience with customer relationship management a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 30 pounds
- Ability to sit for long periods of time using a computer
- Typical office environment in a multi-level facility
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.