Necropsy Team Lead/Supervisor / Non-exempt Position
Highly desirable candidates will have extensive experience with in vivo pharmacology studies in mice, specifically including oncology studies. Strong candidates will have demonstrated technical in vivo skills (animal handling, compound administration, sample/tissue collection, necropsy).
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Necropsy Team Lead/Supervisor / Non-exempt Position
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville, MD
REPORTS TO: Manager, Laboratory Operations
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Support in vivo oncology studies in mice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect mouse tissue and blood samples.
- Assist with the tracking and shipment of samples to sponsors.
- Maintain tissue samples within database and tumor bank.
- Administer therapeutic agents via different routes of administration (IP, PO, SC, and IV).
- Record data.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with preclinical in vivo pharmacology studies in mice. Experience with oncology studies preferred.
- Demonstrated technical in vivo skills (animal handling, compound administration, sample/tissue collection, necropsy).
- Knowledge of and experience in animal welfare and governmental regulations regarding preclinical studies (AAALAC, CLIA).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment.
- Possess creative problem solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Possess superior planning, organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in biology, pharmacology, or related field, or 4 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in contract research animal facility or industry setting.
- AALAS certification preferred.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Committed team environment
- Daily interaction with the world’s leading experts in cancer treatment