Marketing Manager / Exempt
Champions Oncology was founded by some of the world’s most renowned specialists in the field of cancer diagnosis, treatment, and research. Our team is comprised of seasoned oncology professionals passionately dedicated to working with you to accelerate oncology drug development, improve outcomes and extend lives. Our core platform, the Champions TumorGraft® offers an enhanced xenograft mouse avatar model for growing and testing human tumors.
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Marketing Manager / Exempt
REPORTING LOCATION: Hackensack, NJ
REPORTS TO: Director, Corporate Development, Translational Oncology Services (TOS) Division
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the Champions marketing plans, executing marketing campaigns and event logistics for all internal and external events for the Champions team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Marketing Plan Development, Implementation, and Tracking
- Lead the development of an annual Champions marketing plan encompassing all channels and communications streams.
- Implement the Champions marketing plan; track, analyze and report results.
- Work with the executive & business development teams to build, maintain and execute marketing strategy.
- Work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team to communicate, coordinate, and integrate marketing and communications, and apply best-in-class practices to all efforts.
- Develop project schedules and ensure timelines are met.
- Continually monitor competitive environment; perform competitive assessments.
- Manage SalesForce CRM.
Marketing Collateral Development and Management
- Create and/or edit Champions’ website, promotional literature, newsletters, direct marketing, and Internet marketing projects.
- Assist in the development of all content as needed – press releases, analyst briefings, newsletters, blogs, meetings, reporting.
- Ensure that all creative marketing materials undergo brand review and adhere to strict brand guidelines.
- Execute the day to day delivery of email marketing campaigns, e-newsletters, invitations etc.
- Develop a lead nurturing program strategy and monitor ongoing campaigns.
- Assist in theme and content development for a variety of projects.
- Assist BD staff with marketing project requests.
- Develop opportunities to add additional value to other department initiatives including Internet Marketing, Direct Marketing, Tradeshow Development, etc.
- Provide trade show marketing logistics support and coordination including sponsorship negotiation and management from beginning to end, venue management, content and speaker management, food and beverage management, travel and hotel coordination, AV and booth management, giveaways ordering and management, leads management and ancillary event management
- Develop content for outbound event communications including website copy, newsletters, ads, and media.
- Develop effective pre, at and post show traffic generation and follow through of all leads integrating Marketing Department’s strategic plan into an exhibit selling focus.
- Ensure effective collaboration and integration of various marketing support teams including medical education, advertising, public relations, sales force and patient education when coordinating conventions and meetings.
- Create, proofread and execute event marketing email campaigns (save the date, invitations, reminders and thank you emails).
- Assist with site selection, on-site event set-up, support and breakdown.
- Assist in budget and invoice closure as well as post-event surveys for all events.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or life sciences industries.
- Demonstrated success executing and maintaining marketing plans, programs, and initiatives that are strategic assets to the business and all clients.
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships.
- Skilled in market research, data analysis, and competitive analysis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Marketing or a MS degree in Business with a concentration in Marketing, with at least 2-3 years’ experience with responsibility for developing, implementing and managing a marketing plan.
- BS degree in biotechnology or life sciences with at least 2-3 years’ marketing experience can be substituted for the BS in Marketing.
- Biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, or life sciences industries.
- Marketing communications (traditional and Web).
- Mass media advertising (print, radio, out of home, Web).
- Direct response marketing (direct mail, direct e-mail).
- Social media marketing and image management.
- Web site planning and development.
- Trade show and event planning.
- Budget planning.
- Project Management and Reporting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer.
- Typical office environment in a multi-level facility.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.