Lab Systems & IT Associate
COMPANY: Champions Oncology, Inc.
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Lab Systems & IT Associate / Exempt
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville, MD
REPORTS TO: Lab Systems Manager
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Support Lab Information Systems and IT
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Champions Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) Inbox by providing support and addressing requests from Project Leaders and Laboratory Operations teams.
- Develop detailed technical documentation for diverse LIMS Modules as well as SOPs for proper system usage.
- Be available when needed in a near 24×7 laboratory operations environment.
- Provide IT support for Champions as well for technology vendors and service providers.
- Ability to be flexible and assist with other tasks/duties as needed in a small company environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High level of attention to detail, superior organization, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- High Customer Focus, supporting all Champions departments in two locations as well as remote workforce.
- Strong hands-on technical skills and experience using databases and application systems is a plus.
- Motivated self-starter, able to support the full range of Champions employees with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in science or technology is required.
- At least 1, and up to 3 years of experience working with Information systems, developing reports, data management, entry and analysis is required.
- Experience working within a Life Sciences environment is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment.
- Some activities require repetitive motion.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Send resume to [email protected]