Immunohistochemistry Research Specialist
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Immunohistochemistry Research Specialist / Exempt Position
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville/Gaithersburg, MD
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Perform cross-functional laboratory tasks in support of in vivo studies with a focus on immunohistochemistry. Maintain and collect data using various systems and databases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform basic and advanced immunohistochemistry analyses on tissue sections characterizing their protein expression levels.
- Pilot new antibodies for commercial offering to pharma partners.
- Assist with sample processing for multiple assays as needed to support molecular biology lab efforts including Cell culture, PCR and Flow cytometry sample preparation.
- Assist with processing of tumor spheroid models for in vitro therapeutic screening.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Expertise in immunohistochemistry techniques.
- Proficiency with one or more of the following additional molecular biology techniques including cell culture, microscopy and PCR.
- Experience with flow cytometry is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Strong planning, organizational, computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for own work.
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures.
- Ability to assist with other tasks/duties as needed in a small company environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree + 4 years of relevant experience or MS + 2 years of relevant experience required. Preferred field of study in biology, or related sciences.
- Minimum of 4 (BS) or 2 (MS) years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience working in or adjacent to an animal facility is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit and work with hands.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Committed team environment
- Daily interaction with the world’s leading experts in cancer treatment
Send resume to [email protected].