Histology Laboratory Technician
COMPANY: Champions Oncology, Inc.
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Histology Laboratory Technician / Non-exempt Position
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville, MD
REPORTS TO: In Vivo Pharmacologist
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Perform histology tasks in support of R&D studies. Maintain and collect data using various systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the Company’s Research & Development program.
- Assist with the histology laboratory tasks, including the characterization of Tumorgrafts by tissue embedding, sectioning, H&E or IHC staining.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform histology techniques such as tissue embedding, sectioning, H&E or IHC staining.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Good planning, organizational, computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for own work.
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures.
- Ability to assist with other tasks/duties as need in a small company environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in biology, pharmacology or related field required. Certified Histotechnician with at least 1 year of experience could be substituted for degree.
- Six months to 1 year of histolab experience is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility.
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.