Formulation Technician I
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Formulation Technician I/ Non-Exempt Position
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville, MD
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Formulations
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Provide chemistry and formulation support for vivo oncology studies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect and document pertinent data, including lot information, COA, and MSDS, for the receipt, distribution, preparation and disposition of test compounds, reagents, and carriers/vehicles in compliance with appropriate SOPs, GLPs, and regulatory agency guidelines
- Prepare and dispose of test materials, vehicles, and reagents according to study protocols and SOPs
- Prepare labels and related documentation of study procedures
- Maintain inventory of drugs, reagents, and lab supplies including costing and ordering
- Monitor test materials and help maintain facilities for cleanliness, safety, and regulatory compliance. This includes glassware and waste processing
- Document concerns and deviations and support resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
- Use computer based management systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong chemistry and pharmacology knowledge, including dose calculations.
- Ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of accountability, integrity and confidentiality
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions
- Superior planning, organizational, computer, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assist with other duties and manage multiple studies in a dynamic environment
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and relevant regulations and laws
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in chemistry, pharmacology, or related field, or minimum of 1 year of related experience
- Hospital or compounding pharmacy experience is preferable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Send resume to [email protected].