COMPANY: Champions Oncology, Inc.
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Formulation Technician
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville, MD
REPORTS TO: Formulations Supervisor
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Provide all chemistry and formulation support for in vivo research. Develop preparation methods if not provided. Document all work for a regulatory environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collect and document pertinent data for the receipt, distribution, preparation and disposition of test compounds, reagents, and vehicles in compliance with appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs), and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Draft, edit, modify and verify preparation procedures according to protocol, project management and/or client instruction.
- Prepare solutions, suspensions, or emulsions of test materials within applicable vehicles according to study protocols and SOPs.
- Prepare labels and related documentation of study procedures. Review data of peers for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare test agent vehicles and media for tumor transport, tumor implantation and cryopreservation.
- Assist with the costing of consumable supplies used for studies.
- Assist with ordering drugs, reagents, and lab supplies.
- Recommend drug and/or dosing regimens in collaboration with the project management team based on historical data.
- Dispose of chemical compounds according to regulatory guidelines.
- Report all animal care concerns regarding prepared dose materials in an acceptable manner.
- Monitor test materials accountability and re-supply, maintain facilities for regulatory compliance.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment while using applicable personal protective equipment.
- Involved in quality investigations and resolution and implementation of appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
- Maintain and organize information for test agents and reagents, including: up-to-date inventories, lot information, certificates of analysis, and safety data sheets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong Chemistry and/or Biology knowledge is a must.
- Ability to perform dose calculations and unit conversions.
- Detail oriented.
- Work with precision in a regulated laboratory environment.
- Interact and collaborate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to prioritize multiple activities with the assistance of management.
- Proficient with personal computers, including common software platforms (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- AS/BS degree in Science or related field, with 0-2 years of experience. Two years of experience in a contract research organization (CRO) environment may be substituted for education.
- CRO experience is a plus.
- Hospital and/or compounding pharmacy experience a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility.
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- All duties performed while using required personnel protective equipment.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.