Flow Cytometry Specialist
COMPANY: Champions Oncology, Inc.
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Flow Cytometry Specialist, Exempt
REPORTING LOCATION: Gaithersburg, MD
REPORTS TO: Lab Manager, Flow Cytometry (TOS)
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Performs specialized laboratory tasks in flow cytometry in support of preclinical and clinical studies. Maintains and collect data using various systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs as the technical lead with new platform development to expand TOS offerings in Flow Cytometry.
- Leads analysis efforts including preclinical and clinical flow cytometry. Generates and analyses data associated with these platforms.
- Designs panels for cell phenotyping and validates new antibodies and gating methods.
- Acts as a technical point of contact for internal and external stakeholders around flow cytometric assays.
- Develops workflow protocols and SOPs for GCP compliance.
- Assists Program and Project Leaders in tracking models and animals designated for preclinical research for TOS sponsor studies and R&D.
- Maintains sample inventories and logs for chain of custody tracking and reporting.
- Performs molecular biology techniques involved with processing of sample for flow cytometry including blood, spleen, bone marrow and tumor tissues.
- Cryopreserves blood and tissue samples for future viable staining and analysis.
- Provides high quality, analyzed data to Project Leaders and/or clients.
- Assists with other laboratory based duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Has expertise in flow cytometry (FACS) analyses
- Can perform as least some of the following additional ex vivo analyses independently: PCR, histology, immunohistochemistry, ELISA, and culture of primary cells.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Strong planning, organizational, computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for own work.
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures.
- Ability to assist with other tasks/duties as needed in a small company environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- MS degree or BS with 5+ years’ experience in biology, pharmacology or related field.
- Must have at least one year of multicolor flow cytometry experience.
- Experience with FlowJo and BD FACSuite software is preferred
- Prefer minimum 5 years of basic laboratory and animal facility experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit and work with hands.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
Send resume to [email protected]
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.