Flow Cytometry Specialist, Preclinical Flow Cytometry
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Flow Cytometry Specialist, Preclinical Flow Cytometry (TOS)
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville, MD
REPORTING TO: Study Manager, Flow Cytometry
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Work in a preclinical flow cytometry operation at Champions Oncology. Perform flow cytometry experiments. Good written and verbal communication and organizational skills required. Setup and maintain 12+ color flow cytometers. Prepare samples, acquire them, save data files, and some data analysis may be requested. Although preclinical flow will not adhere to GxP, the lab also includes clinical, regulated flow cytometry, and therefore it will be necessary to adhere to SOPs and have excellent documentation skills. Assist in method development, method validation, and sample analysis activities. Some weekend and/or night work may be required. Ensure quality sample analysis, data QC and reporting within defined timelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Technical and general scientific expertise
- General laboratory proficiency (pipetting, centrifuge, cell handling, cryopreservation, etc.)
- Flow Cytometry technical competency
- Responsible for high quality sample processing.
- Business and management:
- Assist with scheduling and planning to effectively manage workload
- Responsible for following methods and SOPs
- Accurate and complete recording during laboratory procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Flow cytometry knowledge with 1-3+ years’ experience in panel design, method development, analysis, and interpretation of multicolor flow cytometry in multiple species including mouse and human.
- Experience with 8+ color flow cytometry a plus
- Ability to perform high throughput and/or plate-based flow cytometry processing
- Experience with flow cytometry analysis software FlowJo.
- Prior experience with cell biology, immunology, oncology, and/or drug development a plus.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for own work.
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures.
- Proficiency with teamwork, multitasking, organization, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assist with other tasks/duties as needed in a small company environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. with 3-5 years’ experience, M.S. with 1-3 years’ experience, or equivalent, in multicolor flow cytometry and cell biology
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.