Cell Culture Research Specialist
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Cell Culture Research Specialist / Exempt Position
REPORTING LOCATION: Gaithersburg, MD
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Perform cross-functional laboratory assays with a focus on in vitro/ex-vivo in support of in vivo studies. Co-develop new assays in collaboration with the R&D team. Maintain and collect data using various systems and databases.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for inventory and culturing of human and mouse cancer cell lines for cell line xenograft studies.
- Perform basic and advanced cell culture including culturing primary cells and characterizing their growth and survival through the use of 2-D and 3-D cell based assays.
- Perform molecular biology techniques including transfection and infection of cells.
- Proficiency in relevant 2-D and 3-D assay endpoints including flow cytometry, high content imaging and multiplex analyses.
- Assist with research initiatives including 3-D/Organoid cell culture.
- Assist with developing and executing on 3-D co-culture assays including PDX and immune cells.
- Assist with sample processing for multiple assays.
- Assist in Immunohistochemistry on tumor sections.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Expertise in cell culture and cell based assays.
- Proficiency with one or more additional molecular biology technique including IHC and PCR.
- Experience with flow cytometry is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Strong planning, organizational, computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated accountability and responsibility for own work.
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures.
- Ability to assist with other tasks/duties as needed in a small company environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS degree + 4 years of relevant experience or MS + 2 years of relevant experience required. Preferred field of study in biology, or related sciences.
- Minimum of 4 (BS) or 2 (MS) years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Experience working in or adjacent to an animal facility is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit and work with hands.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling or pushing.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Committed team environment
- Daily interaction with the world’s leading experts in cancer treatment
Send resume to [email protected].