Business Process Analyst – Lab Systems and Operations
COMPANY: Champions Oncology, Inc.
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Business Process Analyst – Lab Systems and Operations / Exempt
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville, MD
REPORTS TO: Head of IT and Lab Systems
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Support Lab Information Systems and IT
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and coordinate with managers to develop functional specs
- Creating detailed functional specs
- Process analyzing
- Frequent work with Managers and end users Validating functionality
- Documenting detailed functional specifications
- Facilitating design sessions with the implementation team to define and develop the solution (BioIT)
- Delivering elements of systems design, including data capture/migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables (documentation, SOP, Training materials, Test Plans)
- Specification and development – Reporting (SF, Metrics, Lab Capacity, Revenue, Study detailed information)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High level of attention to detail, superior organization, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound and accurate judgment in making timely decisions.
- Motivated self-starter, able to support the full range of Champions employees with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Supports LIMS and overall service culture and is responsible for applying established LIMS service goals to any business process development.
- Lead efforts to identify, assess, and document existing business processes along with developing a process to support ongoing maintenance as it relates to changes.
- Work closely with department’s management team to identify improvement opportunities. Expectation is to provide recommendations around the business process changes as well as advise business on options, risks, and costs.
- Lead and manage projects using the organizations tools/structure while working alongside management staff to support and implement improvement opportunities. This would include gathering of requirements, development of specifications, and assist with documentation of new process/procedures, facility testing, and training and user acceptance.
- Conduct research to evaluate and define approach for business problems. Translate business needs into business process solutions.
- Analyze impact of proposed solution across the business, develop use cases, process maps, and procedural documents that explain/demonstrate business or process perspective in reviews to stakeholders
- Perform in-depth data analysis to size and/or validate problem statements and solutions.
- Facilitate implementation of new processes through training sessions, demos, and the development of appropriate documentation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor’s degree in Business / Software development or related field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Experience and familiarity with software development lifecycle.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced Technical and documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports, documents, test plans, validation plans, SOP’s, Project specification documents, project timelines, etc.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Experience working within a Life Sciences environment is preferred.
- Proven ability to conduct accurate needs analysis, solve problems, assess capabilities, conduct strategic planning, build and motivate teams, and manage process development.
- Proven experience translating ambiguous or undocumented processes into easily understood process flows and supporting documentation to illustrate current-state and desired-state scenarios.
- Self-starter with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
- Proven leadership skills
- Demonstrated process-oriented mind-set
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment.
- Some activities require repetitive motion.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.