Business Development Associate
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Business Development Associate
REPORTING LOCATION: San Francisco Area
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Development
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: We are looking for a Business Development Associate to at Champions Oncology. The Business Development Associate will work closely with the Business Development team and help manage front and back end business development logistics to potential clients including new accounts, new business opportunities at existing accounts, and new marketing opportunities with the objective of establishing long term, mutually beneficial business partnerships. Successful candidates will be self-starters, but not limited to the following:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Uses scientific acumen to assist the business development team in fulfilling data request.
- Assists in business contracting processes.
- Maintains a strong scientific acumen and understands emerging technologies or novel oncology therapeutic platforms.
- Provides general intelligence on key competitors, and the oncology therapeutic market.
- Joins external meetings and calls with clients to support business development activities.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Organizes and hosts client visits.
- Uses CRM to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
- Collaborates effectively with Medical Affairs teams at Champions Oncology to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win studies.
- Supports an established client base where appropriate.
- Ability to differentiate Champions from competitors
- Strong working relationship with internal Champions management and site leadership
- Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
- Required travel 25-50%.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Doctorate in biomedical science, biochemistry, biology or a related field.
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.