Business Development Associate, Southeast Region
Job Description: Business Development Associate, Southeast
We are looking for a Business Development Executive to generate business for Champions’ Translational services in the Southeast US. The Business Development Associate will work closely with the East Coast business development team to present and promote services to potential clients including new accounts. This will include generation of new business opportunities at new and existing accounts, with the objective of establishing long term, mutually beneficial business partnerships. Successful candidates will be self-starters, but not limited to the following:
• Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts.
• Engages in deep scientific discussions with clients about pipeline programs and identifies key areas in which Champions Oncology solutions can advance their therapeutic portfolio.
• Maintains a strong scientific acumen and understands emerging technologies or novel oncology therapeutic platforms.
• Sells Champions’ scientific capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
• Provides general intelligence on key competitors, and the oncology therapeutic market.
• Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts.
• Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; Follows up on leads.
• Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
• Sells the business unit’s capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
• Sets and manages customer expectations.
• Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
• Organizes and hosts client visits.
• Uses CRM to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
• Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
• Collaborates effectively with Medical Affairs teams at Champions Oncology to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win studies.
• Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
• Leads client presentations.
• Supports an established client base where appropriate.
• Required travel 10-25%.
• Advance Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field.
• Advanced industry knowledge
• Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
• Ability to differentiate Champions from competitors
• Strong working relationship with internal Champions management and site leadership
• Demonstrated ability to acquire and grow client base
5-10 years Oncology Experience (sales, research)
Position Type: Full-Time