TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Bioinformatics Scientist
REPORTING LOCATION: Israel
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will take a role in developing, maintaining and running high-throughput OMICS pipelines to characterize cancer samples. You will work closely with an experienced team of biologists and bioinformatics to develop metrics to stratify the database.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Academic degree in Bioinformatics with a background in cancer biology. (M.Sc. or higher) required.
- Good knowledge of Genomics and Bioinformatics and proven track record required.
- Hands-on experience with NGS data analyses methods, DNA and RNA required.
- Experience with designing and applying bioinformatics pipelines, Python/Perl/R scripts on Linux environment.
- Familiarity of cancer genomics, cancer related databases and resources (TCGA, etc.) (experience is a significant advantage)
- Cloud environment (AWS, etc.)
- Basic knowledge in software development skills such as NoSQL, SQL database design.
- Solid background in statistics, Machine Learning or in problems requiring analysis of massive data.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English.
The job application process will consist of several interviews and a coding task.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.