Associate Project Leader Translational Oncology Solutions (TOS) / Exempt
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Associate Project Leader Translational Oncology Solutions (TOS) / Exempt
REPORTING LOCATION: Baltimore, MD
REPORTS TO: Director of Translational Services
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES This individual serves as a liaison between the lab operations, project leadership and business development staff by providing assistance with technical, project and service-related needs. Essential job duties include determination of model status, generation of timelines, statistical support, report writing and relaying information to the operational and business development groups as needed. Additionally, this position with be responsible for a “book of business” to directly mange sponsor studies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Determines model status and generated timelines upon requests from PM and BD groups.
- Coordinates the implant of models for TOS studies and monitors the early phases of a study.
- Assist with the compilation of data for weekly updates and final reports to sponsors.
- Performs data and statistical analysis of study data at completion of TOS sponsor studies.
- Recommend model selection based on needs and availability.
- Participates and provides feedback in TOS team and TOS Lab Ops/PL meetings.
- Contacts other Champions business units as necessary to coordinate timelines and data updates.
- Identifies and resolves problems involving TOS abilities.
- Works with both Business Development and Lab Ops in a professional and teamwork manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and an understanding of TumorGraft/Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) platform and databases. Provantis experience is a plus. Oncology translational research experience also preferred.
- Requires ability to balance several priorities simultaneously.
- Possess outstanding attention to detail.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required.
- The position requires analytical skills, strategic thinking, internal customer focus, good interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a teamwork environment.
- Ability to be proactive ensuring the needs of the internal team supporting the TOS business are met.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. degree in chemical/biological science or at least four years of experience.
- Database and oncology experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be some exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed occasionally require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue.
- Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer.
- Typical office environment in a multi-level facility.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.