IT and Lab Systems Specialist
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: IT and Lab Systems Specialist / Exempt
REPORTING LOCATION: Rockville, MD
REPORTS TO: Head of IT and Lab Systems
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: IT and Network support, LIMS support
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide IT support (help desk and networking) for Champions users as well for technology vendors and service providers.
- Support Champions Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) team by addressing requests from Project Leaders and Laboratory Operations teams.
- Planning, coordinating, and executing projects to deploy IT capabilities to traditional and Cloud environments.
- Resolution of user IT issues, deploying new laptops securely and resolving a variety of issues with laptops, printers, and applications
- Be available when needed in a near 24×7 laboratory operations environment.
- Ability to be flexible and assist with other tasks/duties as needed in a small company environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High level of attention to detail, superior organization, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with deploying and maintaining Windows networked systems, providing hands-on customer service via telephone, e-mail, and in person, Microsoft Office programs (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), configuring Cloud services, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, Azure, or Amazon, configuring and maintaining IT assets, including workstations, laptops, tablets, etc.
- Ability to maintain, support, and improve web sites and associated links and document standard operating procedures (SOPs) for IT access.
- High customer focus, supporting all Champions departments in two locations as well as remote workforce.
- Strong hands-on technical skills and experience using databases and application systems is a plus.
- Motivated self-starter, able to support the full range of Champions employees with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field required.
- 3- 5 years of experience working with Information systems, networking, server management, remote user support, data management, data entry and data analysis is required.
- Experience working within a Life Sciences environment is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment.
- Some activities require repetitive motion.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.