Senior Accountant/ Exempt
COMPANY: Champions Oncology, Inc.
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Senior Accountant / Exempt
REPORTING LOCATION: Hackensack, NJ
REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Perform day to day financial accounting duties for Champions and its subsidiary companies; assist the Accounting Manager in the preparation of internal and external reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and maintain accounting transactions and records.
- Take responsibility for General Ledger and Chart of Accounts.
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances.
- Calculate stock based compensation.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly 10Q and yearly 10K reporting.
- Work with outside auditors to comply with quarterly and annual review and audit requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of tax returns, corporate tax reporting and facilitation of tax audits.
- Document and monitor internal controls in support of auditing team.
- Prepare reports as needed and proactively generate reports relevant to business objectives.
- Other projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and application.
- SEC reporting experience preferred.
- Highly detail oriented and organized with ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction to accomplish tasks.
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel using pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.
- Proficiency in other Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively across all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains preferred.
- 4+ years accounting/finance experience.
- CPA desired, not required.
- Cost accounting experience preferred.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.