Champions TumorGrafts® provide a highly focused, accelerated translational platform. This predictive platform is based upon the implantation of primary human tumors in immune-deficient mice followed by propagation of the resulting low-passage Champions TumorGrafts® in a manner that preserves the biological characteristics of the original human tumor.
Histologic and molecular studies have shown that Champions TumorGrafts® models:
- Maintain the fundamental genotypic and phenotypic features of the original tumor, including cancer stem cells and stroma
- Represent the genetic heterogeneity of cancer
- Predict the effectiveness of oncology drugs in patients
- Allow for the identification of highly responsive patient populations
- Do not change genetically over multiple passages
- Correlate genetically with the original patient tumor
- Exhibit consistent growth and response to standard agents
Applicability across Drug Development Continuum
No matter where a compound is in its development life cycle, testing using Champions TumorGraft® (CTG) technology can accelerate future development.