Project Leader, TOS
POSITION TITLE: Project Leader, Translational Oncology Solutions (TOS) / Exempt
LOCATION: Baltimore, MD
REPORTS TO: Director, Translational Services
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Champions Oncology is a pre-clinical CRO specifically focusing on the use of PDX models in translational research. The Project Leader (PL) serves as the primary point of contact for clients regarding scientific design, model selection, and project execution. This position is client facing and requires strong customer focus and an understanding of the needs and timelines of the client. The PL provides expertise to clients on the uses of the TumorGraft/PDX mouse platform for preclinical drug testing. Essential job duties include preliminary client study design in collaboration with the business development team, interaction with operations teams to coordinate study execution, and preparing study protocols/updates/data analyses/reports. Collaborating with the sales group to enhance client relationships and facilitate continued business for Champions Oncology. The ideal candidate will be proactive with regards to client needs for ongoing and future studies, provide excellent customer service with no time delays and mitigate miscommunications that occur in the preparation, execution and delivery of TOS projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates as the scientific lead in client meetings related to potential opportunities.
- Defines client scientific requirements and develops study design and protocols according to IACUC guidelines and operational ability.
- Collaborates within the Project Leadership team to provide weekly updates, data analysis, and final reports to clients.
- Interfaces with Business Development, Operations, and other Champions personnel to successfully coordinate projects from start to finish.
- Identifies and provides resolution to problems involving ongoing TOS studies.
- Represents Champions in the field at client meetings and scientific conferences.
- Identifies potential new opportunities and facilitates ongoing discussions regarding new opportunities with existing clients.
- Deliver customer value in a timely manner, and ensure protocols are accurate.
- Works independently and performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of project management and oncology translational research. Knowledge of in vivo oncology models (Xenograft/PDX) required. Understanding of preclinical drug development a plus.
- Experience in a Project Leadership/Management and/or Business Development function for a similar organization (CRO or Pharma Company) desirable.
- Requires customer service; timely decision making; and good interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to be persistent while maintaining tact.
- Must have the ability to balance several priorities simultaneously.
- Ability for frequent adaptation, self-organization, accountability.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in chemical/biological science, project management or marketing preferred. B.S. degree acceptable with appropriate experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the field of contract research, clinical, sales, or a similar position preferred. Recent Master’s graduate with applicable degree and knowledge will be considered.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be some exposure to fumes and chemical hazards
- Duties performed occasionally require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Committed team environment
- Daily interaction with the world’s leading experts in cancer treatment
Send resume to [email protected]