Director, Strategic Alliances and Partnerships/Exempt
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Director, Strategic Alliances and Partnerships / Exempt
REPORTING LOCATION: Field-based position with geographic territory.
REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer
Responsible for a geographic territory of academic oncology centers and clinical oncology practices. Direct responsibility for scientific and technical promotion of the Champions TumorGraft platform. Expected to realize a number of strategic research and clinical collaborations to further the development of Champions’ tumor bank and incorporation of the PDX platform in the drug development life cycle. The Director will bring new sites on board and work with current sites to maximize enrollment in research programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for identifying, prioritizing and expanding the research and clinical collaborations in the territory.
- Be the “steward” of the territory. Understand the research and drug development needs of existing and future collaborators and positively position Champions as the solution of choice.
- Work as a professional teammate with other Champions co-workers. Bring together and leverage multi-faceted opportunities in the territory.
- Secure clinically relevant tumors for tumor bank expansion through agreements with institutions and innovative pilot programs.
- Identify clinical trial opportunities and facilitate collaborations while optimizing timelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the preclinical and clinical drug development process including clinical trial execution.
- Knowledge of cancer genotypes and tumor characterization including: gene expression profiling, oncogene mutations, comparative genomic hybridization (CGH), and proteomics.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate scientific data to internal and external colleagues.
- Excellent scientific written and oral communications and inter-personal skills.
- High degree of comfort giving oral presentations and being challenged with questions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment while maintaining a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Comfortable with a start-up company mentality where performance truly matters.
- High integrity, independent, self-disciplined and highly motivated.
- Goal oriented, organized and detailed oriented – knows how to get things done.
- Superior ability to network, plan and negotiate effectively.
- People and customer service orientation.
- Fast learner – Capable of understanding and adapting to new and unstructured environments.
- Understands medical and legal/regulatory environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- MD or PhD in biotechnology, pharmacology or biology. Master’s Degree with excellent experience will also be considered.
- Oncology experience is required.
- 3-5 years of industry experience in drug development or clinical trial management.
- Experience in scientific or technical selling is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Travel is estimated to be 50% of time.
- Must be able to travel between various geographically disbursed locations.
- Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer.
- Must be able to gain access to and maneuver around areas that may be located in multi-level facilities.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.