Director, Business Development, Translational Oncology Solutions (TOS)
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Director, Business Development, Translational Oncology Solutions (TOS) / Exempt
REPORTING LOCATION: Geographic Territory: Based in Philadelphia, New Jersey or New York City.
REPORTS TO: EVP, General Manager, TOS Business Unit
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES: Responsible for a geographic territory of Pharma and Biotech accounts. Direct responsibility for scientific and technical selling of Champion’s TumorGraft platform. Meet and exceed the bookings quota for each quarter.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grow and expand the TOS business in the assigned regional territory through an intimate understanding of customer needs matched with the appropriate Champions product solution.
- Responsible for managing to a quarterly bookings number. Top priority to meet and exceed bookings number.
- Manage time and activity to maximize face-to-face customer interactions and close business.
- Develop a detailed territory plan by understanding the key drug development needs of each sponsor.
- Segment all customers into tiers and categories to better manage time and activities.
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities and manage the pipeline daily and weekly.
- Responsible for targeting, prioritizing and selling Champion’s TumorGraft platform.
- Target existing and potential biotech/pharma clients by demonstrating the value and benefits of Champions TumorGraft platform. Generate statements of work and close studies.
- Be the “steward” of the territory. Understand the drug development needs of the sponsors and positively position Champions as the solution of choice.
- Work as a professional teammate with the project management support team and other Champion’s co-workers. Bring together and leverage the POS and TOS opportunities in the territory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the preclinical and clinical drug development process.
- Knowledge of cancer genotypes and tumor characterization including: gene expression profiling, oncogene mutations, comparative genomic hybridization (CGH), and proteomics.
- Excellent scientific communications and inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and communicate scientific data to internal and external colleagues.
- Goal oriented, organized and detailed oriented – highly motivated self-starter who knows how to get things done.
- Superior planning, organizational, computer, written and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to network and negotiate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Comfortable with a start-up company mentality where performance truly matters.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters degree or PhD in biotechnology, pharmacology, chemistry or biology
- 3-5 years of industry experience in drug development or clinical trial management
- Minimum of 3 years experience in scientific or technical selling to include MSL experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to lift and move packages weighing up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer
- Typical office environment in a multi-level facility.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Committed team environment
- Daily interaction with the world’s leading experts in cancer treatment