COMPANY: Champions Oncology
TITLE AND CLASSIFICATION: Clinical Coordinator
REPORTING LOCATION: Hackensack, NJ
REPORTS TO: Manager, Clinical Operations
Educate patients, family members, and physicians on Champions’ POS services. Coordinate logistics for academic collaborations. Coordinate all activities and logistics relating to former, current, and future clients. Serve as client liaison.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate and educate patients and physicians and their staff on Champions’ POS services.
• Coordinate logistics and educate research teams for academic collaborations.
• Coordinate the delivery of Champions’ services to existing customers (kit shipment and management, consent and regulatory forms, courier service, pathology, surgeon’s office, internal lab technicians). This occasionally requires some evening communication and coordination.
• Foster and maintain client’s satisfaction.
• Organize expert panels and gene sequencing activities for POS patients.
• Maintain Customer Relationship Management system (documentation of communication, assign patient identifier, entry of clinical information, uploading of patient documents).
• Ensure the collection and return, when applicable, of payments associated with POS activities.
• Operate within Champions’ and local institutions’ SOPs and guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Proficiency with medical terminology is required.
• Performance, people and customer-oriented – Demonstrated history of performance success (consistent attainment of goals, promotions, awards).
• Professional – Cooperative behavior and attitude, understands legal/regulatory environment and adheres to constraints.
• Self-starter – Highly motivated, independent and self-disciplined.
• Fast learner – Capable of understanding and adapting to new and unstructured environments.
• Innovative – Searches for and applies new approaches.
• Pays close attention to details and adheres to processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare related with 2-4 years of experience (Oncology preferred). Experience in both hospital and community environments.
• Experience with patient communication of a medical and sensitive nature.
• Experience with customer relationship management a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer and telephone in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility.
This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.